PayPal

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Not a fan of "wait" training

So....we have moved up the wait list to #3.  And that is exciting!! However, the reality is we may remain at #3, #2, or # 1 for a very, very, very long time.  Our agency has absolutely no idea or prediction when a child or children will become available for a referral....let alone then court and travel.


I'm not gonna lie to you this is really hard.  I am totally out of control and probably 5 out of 7 days of the week I am bordering on feeling like a crazy lady internally.  I am learning the power of praise and putting on a thankful heart.  I am really learning a lot...but the hard way....the kind of learning that comes through pain, and lots of internal dying.  Lotsa fun!  Yeah I'm not really the poster child for international adoption right now...BUT on the other hand my passion for adoption only grows each day. The more I learn and the more incredible families I meet and hear their stories...the more passionate I become for these children and what this journey can produce in people that submit their wills and their lives to do whatever the Lord asks.  And for the Chapmans the call right now is to wait with blind faith and complete trust in the One who is so very faithful.  Oh, and to do it with joyful hearts and God-honoring attitudes.  Sounds easy, right? Absolutely not easy.


I was venting (complaining) to a precious new internet friend who has brought her sweet daughter home from Uganda within the last six months and she told me that the only wisdom she had was to point me back to Jesus...to point me to Truth.  She shared this article with me and it has really helped....lots of it I already knew but I believe it is a great perspective that I will keep coming back to over the next few days...weeks...months...maybe years. I mean aren't I called to be obedient even if I never see the end of the wait?  Yes, yes I am...even though I don't like that answer.  


 Thank you to all you precious friends that help me get through each day...asking about our journey...bringing me chocolate...letting me talk incessantly about adoption details that you don't really understand at all...people that buy and wear their Ugandan beads (I LOVE seeing them!).......commenting on FB....getting excited with us about the little steps...praying for us...and keeping hope with us...THANK YOU!


This is one of the verses I'm clinging to these days:) 
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who called us is faithful.  And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.  Hebrews 10:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment